Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Last transfer!

So we got transfer calls this morning and I'm staying here with Hermana Maxfield!!!! We get to finish together and we're SO EXCITED!!!! But the elders from our ward both got transferred out so we'll miss them but they're sending the zone leaders out here so we're excited about that! It'll be a really great transfer we're so excited :D :D 

Pamela came to church on Sunday which was a miracle! I think I told you guys about her last week, how she was the less active member we found who lived in our building and who said she would come back this week?? yeah her haha. And she did! She came back this week! So that was amazing to see. 

Jorge and Jessica from Ñuñoa also came to our ward this week so it was super fun to see them! They told me they had a surprise for me outside so told me to close my eyes. When we got outside I opened my eyes and standing there was Jorge Vilches and Jaime!!! Two of the recent converts from Ñuñoa I got to teach. It was sooooo good to see them again. It brought back so many memories of miracles and gave me so much hope for these weeks we have ahead of us. 

We're still looking for new investigators which is always a challenge over here but we started an English class and Fabiola (recent convert from last month) is putting it all over Facebook and is inviting all the people from her work so we're really excited about that! Hopefully we'll be able to meet lots of new people through that. :D 

Our mission also just called two sister missionaries to be the Sister Training Leaders over all the Sisters in the mission so they'll be kind of like the Sister APs! So that's cool :D Hermana Maxfield and I were watching the district yesterday and I actually totally called that that was gonna happen in our mission too and I even guessed which sisters they would be haha. So basically I'm psychic. 

So right now we're also teaching a man named Roberto. Maybe I mentioned him before not sure though. But he is married to a member and so all of his in-laws are members and his daughters. We've been visiting him off and on during the whole time I've been in this ward and the missionaries before us too. He started off having a lot of doubts and things but we've seen a lot of progress in him that we're really excited about. The lesson last time got a little of track last time and kind of turned into something more philosophical. So then we read some of Christ's words from 3 Nephi 11 and it was amazing how that brought the spirit back and put us on track again. Another experience to show me the power of the scriptures. We testified of the simplicity of the gospel and everything seemed to clarify. It was beautiful. 

I'm realizing more and more everyday how important is to be rooted in Christ. That's pretty much all I was thinking about during personal study this morning. It's crazy how different I feel when I'm rooted in Christ versus in something or someone else. We might even be focusing on something good, but its just not the same as focusing on Christ. There's a spirit that goes along with that that I felt during my prayer afterwards that just felt eternal. There's no other way to describe it. I knew it would always be there. When we don't feel it, its always because we were the ones to leave it for a while. And when we come back we realize that. We feel it and its undeniable.

Love you guys so so so much :D

Sending allllll my love,
Hermana Cannon II

1. Us at the temple with Ruben who is investigating :D
 



2. Me with the awesome Ñuñoa converts at church on Sunday!
3. No explanation needed. (Cheetah jammies for Christmas, from home.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment