Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Hi :D


Hey fam! :D

I love you guys.

Anyways. :)

So this week was awesome. Things keep happening that let me know that Hna. Maxfield and I are together for a reason and are in this sector for a reason. We've been seeing God's hand a lot these past few days. 

First there's Gretchen. She's a member who stopped coming to church a while ago and we've been trying to meet with her for like 3 months but whenever we would make an appointment, something would always come up. So finally this week we got to meet her in person and have an actual lesson! We called to invite her to church and she came and we actually got to meet her there. Then later that day we went to her house for the appointment. 

After getting to know her a little bit, we said a prayer and then asked her to tell us a little bit about her story--what did she believe, What is it that made her stop coming, etc etc. As she shared her story the spirit kept testifying to me how important it was that I hear her story now, at this point in my life. The lesson was really filled with the spirit. There were many silences as we tried to figure out what God wanted us to say, and what came to both Hna. Maxfield and I was just to express how much God loved her. We felt it so strong and she did too. She started to cry and thanked us for sharing that with her. 

We also had a really special lesson with Monica this week. We hadn't gotten to see her for almost two weeks because she went on vacation so when we got there we were all super excited to see each other :D. She had committed to read the Book of Mormon the week before but then told us she hadn't read haha so we read with her. As we testified of the Book of Mormon, covenants, and eternal families the spirit filled up the room. She said she knew that what we were saying was true because when we spoke, she felt that it was the spirit speaking rather than us.   

My testimony of prayer also grew this week. I was just having a terrible day and just felt super inadequate/unprepared/spiritually unconnected haha and I didn't know what to do because we were about to go to an appointment so I just went and prayed for a while. After that I felt a lot better and I felt that God was telling me that everything would be okay and that he'd be there for me no matter what happens, today, tomorrow, or 10 years in the future. I've just been learning to trust in him, especially with the time winding down towards me coming home (because AH WHAT IS LIFE IDK WHAT LIFE IS). Haha. So every time I feel anxiety or anything about the future, I just pray and he reminds me to trust Him. And I do so everything will be fine. :) 

Well I love you guys. Lots and lots. Have the best week ever :D

Hna Cannon II

1. Hello. It's me. From our apartment window in Las Condes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment