Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Viva Chile!

Yoooo!!!

This has been another awesome week! I´m learning a lot about myself. Especially my weaknesses haha. I have a lot to work on and improve. But I´m trying to stay motivated and believe that through God all things are possible!

I finally got to watch Finding Faith in Christ as a missionary! haha (my mom is in that video if you didn´t know) MOM I GOT TO SEE YOUR FACE AND IT WAS A BLESSING FROM HEAVEN!!! My heart went crazy!! haha. I love you mamacita. You sound great Spanish dubbed. But yeah we watched this with a couple recent converts and one of them, Franklin, told me to tell you you are very famous and loved in Chile! He says hola.

Highlight of the week: had an aweeeeesome lesson with an investigator named Ricardo. He`s dating a member, and she was there with him during the lesson. The spirit was strong, and I was able to communicate my feelings in Spanish better than ever. Here´s an entry i wrote in my journal from this experience:

"We were going to teach about baptism. I was just praying so hard during the small talk that I would be guided by the spirit and be able to say something helpful for Ricardo. 

"It was an awesome lesson. I felt the spirit so strong as I testified of the atonement and faith. And I felt a love for Ricardo even though that was the first time we had talked. I wanted to understand him. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to feel the spirit and access the power of the atonement. I wanted him to comprehend the reality of prayer and the guidance of the spirit.

"When the lesson got over he asked if he could have a word with me alone outside. Of course, Hna. Escobar had to come with, so us three stepped outside. He proceeded to thank me for being so real with him. That he had been taking lessons from the missionaries for a while but they felt more rehearsed. He told me he knew the things I said and the questions I asked were part of me and came from the heart. He told he was definitely going to read and pray about the section we left for him (Alma 37)."

So yeah!!! It was an awesome experience. I´ve been praying hard for him. 

So much to say!!! Oh well I'll just leave it there and pick it up next week. :) Love you guys so much. And THANK YOU for the package!! It came so fast!! I love the picture! I look at it everyday!!

Oh yeah this week is independance day in Chile and everyone is gonna go crazy partying. It´s on the 18th. Which is why this is called viva chile!! Haha people are super patriotic here. 

PEACE AND

LOVE AND MORE LOVE

Hermana Cannon :)

p.s. check out the view from our apartment building!

No comments:

Post a Comment