Friday, February 19, 2016

crazy life!

From Feb 2, 2016
 
Hey family and friends!

Soooooo another great and crazy week! Soooo crazy. Despite the fact I only have like 3 weeks left here I still had to renew my visa because it was expired and they don't let you go home if it's not updated haha. So we had to spend a good chunk of two days this week doing crazy visa stuff. Soooo glad that's over haha. But the visa place is the best place to contact people because they are all foreigners and are usually more receptive. We had like 3 people come up to us first to ask about the church before we even got the chance to say anything haha. But it was cool getting to meet all those people while we were sitting waiting in line for like 3 hours. We met a less active family there who wanted their daughter of 9 years old to be baptized and to visit with the missionaries again so we got down their information and are gonna send the missionaries over. We also met a young guy who was selling hot dogs outside who stopped us in the street and asked how he could get a visit from the missionaries. So even though we had to be outside of our area for like almost a full day, we still got lots of proselyting done which was exciting and a miracle. :) 

What else. Oh yeah! It was finally my turn to go to the "self-sufficiency" meeting since I'm going home this transfer!!! Sooooo werid. Everyone calls it the trunky meeting haha. I'm actually going home the same day as one of the APs and we see each other every week for district meeting since he is in my zone and he always makes sure to give me the current count down of how many weeks, days, and hours we have left til we go home haha. Its pretty hilarious. And then he reassures me he's not trunky he just likes playing trunky. Surrrrrrrrrre haha. Whatever he says. 

I also had a really great interview with President this week. We talked a little bit about faith and the future and he said something that really stuck with me. It was a quote: "Regret is looking backward, worry is looking forwards, but faith is looking up." I loved that. It put to rest a lot of worries and anxiety and things like that that missionaries sometimes feel when they are approaching the end. He said it is something we have to apply the rest of our lives, since being a full-time missionary won't be the last calling the Lord gives me. I found a lot of comfort in that. I've been trying to reflect on my mission these past couple days and really try and solidify the key lessons and experiences that have made me who I am today. I still have lots of time left to think about it though which is good because I still don't have my thoughts all together. But I'm excited to see what lessons and things I'll be able to recall and realize how those things have changed me. Something I remembered today that really marked my mission was my first interview in the field with President Wright when he helped me remember that our only reason for serving the mission should be love of God and love of Jesus Christ. That is something that has really changed me and helped me become who I am today. At least I think I'm different haha. Its kind of hard to measure progress when you can't really get an outside view of yourself. But I feel a stronger relationship with my Savior so I think that's a good indicator of change. I've seen that a lot, not just in myself but in other people too, that the closer we get to the Savior, the more we change and progress. It is amazing. It is redeeming. He shows us that we were made for something greater. He shows us our potential and gives us the strength to make progress towards achieving it that comes from his love. His love is so great. That's something else I've learned a lot about out here. How great the transforming power of Christ's love is. There was a time with President Wright when we were doing a deep study of Christ´s atonement as a mission and in that time I really grew to love and cherish and use it a lot more than I had before. That's why scripture study is so important because the only way we can get access to these things is if we learn about them and then apply them. So the importance of scripture study is also something I've really learned. Like seriously where was I before the mission?? haha. I feel like I knew like nothing about the gospel before haha. Another reason I feel redeemed by coming out here. I dunno where I would be right now without the mission and with everything I've learned. These things are good not just for one lifetime but for eternity. I can't wait to apply these things to real life when I get home! haha. It'll be like entering into the same old battle but realizing that I had this amazing bullet proof invincible armor in the closet the whole time that I wasn't even using just because I didn't know how to put it on. But now I do! haha. So life will be good. 

Anyways. :) Update on lessons. Naomi and Nicolas are progressing. Monica is progressing. Pamela came to church again. Rubens daughter is now participating more in the lessons and actually came to an FHE we had in the chapel! Our English class this week was AWESOME. We had a couple new people show up and they all really liked it and learned a lot! They said they would come again next week and bring their friends so hopefully we get lots of new investigators that way. :) It'll be good. 

So yeah. Life is crazy. Oh yeah I also registered for classes this week for spring term so that's crazy! haha. So don't worry mom and dad I have that all under control. ;) I'm being all responsible and stuff. 

I love you guys lots and lots. Pray for me! Finishing the mission is weird cause you just don't know how to feel haha. IT's the weirdest mix of emotions EVER. Also I'll pray for you guys of course. :) As always. 

xoxo
Hermana Cannon II

1. Aida got baptized this week! You haven't heard me talk about her because she's an investigator from the elders in our ward. But we've gotten to be really good friends with her too. We've been to her house a couple times on P-days and she does our nails haha. She also gave me new shoes because all of mine are destroyed. :)
 
 
2. Us with some sisters today for Pday! We ate a yummy lunch all together in our apartment. We made chicken curry. We are skilled.   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment